Everything you need to know
Who is eligible to tryout?
- Any player currently rostered on only an SCHL team is eligible to tryout. It doesn't matter if you are on an A, B, or C team, we want to see you at tryouts! Dual rostered players that play on other AAA teams are ineligible.
If I make an SCHL Selects team do I stop playing for my full-season team?
- No! The SCHL Selects season will be supplemental to your full-season SCHL team. You will play on both teams, and if a conflict arises where your SCHL team has a game at the same time as a Selects game, you will have to play in your regular season SCHL game.
How many games do the Select teams play and will there be practices?
- Each Selects team will play a minimum of 10 games - in tournaments or against AAA teams across New England. There will be no practices. SCHL Selects will only play games.
How much does it cost?
- The tryout fee is $20. If you are selected for the team, the tuition will be $250. Tuition will cover jerseys/socks that players can keep, tournament fees, and ice costs. If a team has two goalies, each will pay half tuition.
When are tryouts?
- 2008 birth year: November 11th at Cranston Vets (Bubble)
- 2009 birth year: November 11th at Cranston Vets (Bubble)
- 2010 birth year: November 10th at Cranston Vets (Bubble)
- 2011 birth year: November 11th at Cranston Vets (Bubble)
- 2012 birth year: November 10th at Cranston Vets (Bubble)
How will tryouts work?
- After a short warmup, the players will be divided into two teams and will scrimmage for the remainder of the session. SCHL has hired a small group of independent evaluators made up of former professional and college players to decide which players will make the team.
How many players will make the team?
- Each team will consist of 17 players - 9 forwards, 6 defenseman, 2 goalies.
Who is coaching the team?
- We are looking for coaches! If interested, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org